The Operations & Infrastructure Workgroup members coordinate the operation and communications tasks of the Oregon Community College Distance Learning Association within these areas of responsibility:
- Develop operating budget and identifying data collection needs for colleges and state constituents
- Determine management of financial agreements
- Facilitate existing agreements and identify, and develop new consortial agreements
- Identify and implement communication strategies and processes
- Manage communication resources (WebConferencing, Listserve, internal and external Websites)
- Review and revise operations documents
Goal: Share the work of OCCDLA in an open, collaborative and transparent nature.
Process: Collaborate and coordinate on statewide activities to support the initiatives outlined in our strategic direction statement. Administrative support coordinates all activities and supports cost savings by not having redundant efforts.
- Improve effectiveness of operations
- Define processes and procedures
- Clarify roles and expectations
- Maximize resources
- Effective time management
- Improve communication
- Increase transparency
- Improve opportunities to collaborate
- Encourage broader participation by more colleges
Goal: Reduce higher education costs through consortial licensing.
- Reduce travel costs and expand attendance for remote meeting capabilities for community college faculty and staff; support implementation of mobile strategy; collaborate for enhanced video repository capabilities; address compliance needs for accessible instructional media; increase access to quality instructional content.
- Cost savings via consortial agreements with Zoom, Blackboard Collaborate, Films on Demand, Kaltura, and Quality Matters.
Kellie Schellenberg – Chemeketa Community College
Ian Coronado – Lane Community College
Bruce Kauss – Blue Mountain Community College
Carol McGeehon – Umpqua Community College
Cat Schleichert –Mount Hood Community College
Joshua Ogle – Rogue Community College
Kristine Medyanik – Chemeketa Community College
Colin Stapp – Chemeketa Community College
Scott Carpenter – Treasure Valley Community College
Kimberlie Veysey – OCCDLA Administrative Assistant, Umpqua Community College